Managing Your Clinic - Part 4Updated On: 14 July, 2021
Saving Time and Cutting Costs (Avoiding Over and Under Ordering)
The twin keys to clinic profitability clinic are increasing revenues and reducing costs. Let us address cost reduction – it can be achieved in several ways. Some of these are:
- Lower prices for clinic consumables, instruments and equipment
- Saving time spent by your nurse in browsing catalogues, finding products, calling dealers, and ordering products
- Managing inventory
- Avoiding Over and under ordering
In this post, we address the task of Avoiding Over and Under Ordering.
While over ordering may seem like a good idea because you would not run out of supplies (provides a buffer) and under ordering may be appealing so that you do not have to spend money on supplies till you need them, both are undesirable if practised on an on-going basis without adequate rationale.
- Over-ordering blocks up your productive capital into material that you do not need and may never need in the near future.
- Over-ordering unnecessarily takes up space in the Clinic.
- Under ordering results in emergency buying of products which is both inefficient and expensive as you do not have the time to scout around for the best products.
Now get all these advantages and benefits with just a mouse-click. Visit www.smilesmith.dental and see your clinic productivity and profitability increase.
At www.Smilesmith.dental we are committed to helping you Save Time and Cut Costs
Previous Post: “Managing Inventory”